Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are you employed, sir?

I should also mention that I have actively started to search for a job. I got an interview with the City of Redmond, a suburb of Seattle about the size of Davis. The position looked great, with good pay and benefits and room to grow. I got my portfolio looking all slick, I rehearsed my presentation with Beth (thanks Beth) and dressed up all nice. I went to that interview and really felt like I knocked it out of the park. I felt great about the prospect right up until Friday afternoon when I got the message that I didn't get the job. Yeah, I kept telling myself this was all just practice, getting my interview skills honed. Still, I was pretty disappointed. I realized that I had never actually had a job interview and then not been offered the job. So a little reality is good, motivated me. I'm now actively searching and looking at more possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment