Friday, September 17, 2010

Paint your own Picasso.

Keeping busy. I recently did some more design work for my good friend Shawn. He made a short film that... well, you must watch it. I created the DVD package. Check it out:


Front...


...and back, with spine.

The film features Lily Verlaine, a local burlesque star performing her act, inspired by the paintings of Picasso. A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to spend some time with the lovely Lily at Seattle's Bumbershoot festival, where the film was screened. She was delightful. At the screening, a pair of older British women sat behind us and after the film, one murmured to the other, in her adorable old woman British accent, "Well, I hope I don't get into that kind of trouble when I sit on cushions." Yes, I know that there are actually no cushions involved.

If you're not offended by beautiful artistic nekkidness, watch the film:

Woman Sitting On Cushions from Shawn Telford on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Neato! Hi S&B, I (Amelia) will be in Seattle Sunday through Thursday next week if you're interested in visitors (singular.)

    ReplyDelete